1. Strategic Finance: Management of working capital finance including optimizing levels of current assets & liabilities and resource-mobilization thereof. Optimization of Finance Costs. Management of Debt portfolio of Rs. 1500 Crores Management and monitoring of cash flows. Long-term financial analysis, planning & execution.
2. M & A & Business Consolidation: Evaluation of opportunities, planning and execution of action plans.
3. Relationship management with Financial Analysts & Brokerage Houses, Investors, Investment bankers, Private Equity Investors, Term Lending Institutions, Banks, Credit rating agencies, Statutory Authorities, Internal & External Auditors . Spokesperson of the company to financial community at large and Financial Media (Business TV channels). Raised ECB at record low rates even lower than FCCB.
4. Business Plan Review: Monthly review of business plans to provide current view on each business segment. Analysis of Budgeted vs. Actual performance. Identifying factors necessitating change in Business Plans and analyzing their impact.
5. Accounts: Accounts Controlling, Finalization of Balance Sheet, Receivables & payables reconciliation and control. General Ledger & Expense Analysis, Payroll & benefits Administration. Compliance with Indian & US GAAP
6. Financial Controls Development & Implementation of financial and operational controls Setting up of completely integrated accounting systems- Material & Cost Accounting.
7. Taxation - Direct Taxes- Returns, proceedings & assessments. Indirect Taxes- Excise, Customs & Sales Tax – Procedures, assessments & representations.
8. Risk Management- Identifying potential risk areas in business, Identifying risk management options for different risks Leading the implementation of risk management strategy
9. Credit Control- Formulation of Business Segment-wise Credit Policy and Credit approval & Control Processes, Analysis, Approval, Monitoring & Review of Credit Limits for individual customers Review of performance against credit limits and advise Sales team for contracting future business. Advising on and creating options for security of receivables.
10. Revenue Assurance & Credit Control: Contract Negotiation, Vetting & approval of Tender bids. Formulation of Standard Terms & Conditions of Sale, Formulation of Standard Offer documents, Standardization of Contract Negotiation Procedure Development of Financing options for coordinated bids with contractors for water works
11. Budgetary Control including zero base budgeting & variance analysis.
12. Commercial- DGFT, Export-oriented Units, Bonding & De-bonding of units.
13. Secretarial: Compliance with Corporate Law statutes.